Higher Education Relief fund for STUDENTS
The CARES ACT Higher Education Relief fund provides funding to institutions for emergency financial aid grants to students whose live have been disrupted by theCOVID-19.
Here is Advanced Beauty College’s report of grants in June 2020.
With regard to CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1). Advanced Beauty College acknowledges and assures that:
1. A signed Certification and Agreement was returned to the U.S. Department of Education.
2. $32,109 will be provided as Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students, which is 50 percent of the funds received. ($32,109/ $64,217)
3. $32,109 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants has been provided to students as of May 29, 2020.
4. The estimated total number of Advanced Beauty College students eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to received Emergency Financial Aid grants to students is 15, as of May 26, 2020.
5. As of May 26, 2020, the total number of students who thus far have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant is 11 students.
4 out of 15 students did not request the funds.
6. Advanced Beauty College determines which students were to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and the amount of such grants.
On May 1, 2020, Advanced Beauty College communicated to all enrolled students via an allstudent email message the availability of CARES Act funding in support of emergency student aid grants. This communication included eligibility requirements under HEA rules, descriptions of eligible expenses covered by CARES Act, and the attached file for the simple on-line application.
Advanced Beauty College used an equal distribution method to determine the amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants each student was eligible to receive. $32,109/11students=$2,919.00 per each students
7. Advanced Beauty College provided the following guidance via email to students, concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants prior to the disbursement of funds:
Each student was presented with a certifying statement to determine grant eligibility. This statement was to inform each student of what the emergency Financial Aid Grant to students was intended for. Upon reading the statement the student was to answer whether they had a disruption in the family's financial situation to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Each student received the funds by paper check in person, after accepting the amount.
Advanced Beauty College has answered all student questions to the best of our ability. We have also informed the students as to the intended use of the emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.